The Mowlem Award from the B&CE Trust, one of YBUK’s Patrons, is an annual £20,000 grant given to organisations that can demonstrate they will make a real difference towards training and the promotion of health and safety in construction. Launched in 2015, the Mowlem Award furthers the work of the RI Beck Trust – a charity set up in 1983 by the construction company, Mowlem.
Applications for the Mowlem Award 2021 will open on 2 September 2021 and close on Friday 8 October 2021.
Full details of how to apply are on the B&CE Trust website https://bandce.co.uk/corporate-responsibility/the-charitable-trust/grants-for-health-and-safety/the-mowlem-award
Case studies of previous winners, several of whom are YBUK supporters are below:
- ssex Youthbuild – 2019 winners – Construction charity
- Mates in Mind – 2018 winners – Mental health charity
- St-Eds – 2017 Mowlem Award winners – Employability charity
- Women into Construction – 2016 Mowlem Award winners – Gender equality not-for-profit
- Shekinah – 2015 Mowlem Award winners – Vulnerable people support charity