2015 Young Builder of the Year Awards – Applications close on 31st July
If you wish to apply to be the 2015 Young Builder of the Year Awards or can think of someone in your organisation or network who could apply, please visit the 2015 Awards page for further information or to download an application form.
We are seeking applications from two categories: –
- 14 to 16 year olds still in education
- 16 to 24 year olds in employment or training
The closing date for applications is Friday 31st July 2015. Judging will take place in August and 20 finalists will be chosen. The finalists will be invited to the Awards Ceremony at the House of Commons on Thursday 15th October 2015, when the winners will be announced.
For 2015 there is a prize fund of £7,500 and all shortlisted finalists will receive an award.
- The overall winner will receive up to £1,500 (including tools)
- The runner up will receive up to £750 (including tools)
- The winner of the 14 to 16 year old category will receive up to £750 (including tools) and their educational establishment will receive tools worth up to £500.
All finalists end the day with a trip on the London Eye.
Could you be this year’s winner?
Brett Barlow, the 2014 winner didn’t think he could be, but nevertheless sent in an application and won. You could do the same!
Hundreds of organisations support disadvantaged young people to train for and become employed in the construction industry. Why do they do it? Does it work? How have the young people benefitted? The first Building Pathways event was held in Leeds on 18th March 2015. To find out more go to the Building Pathways page.